Welcome

Friday, February 5, 2010

About How old do you have to be to work in Stockton Ca

How old do you have to be to work in Stockton Ca??
Im 14 years old, going to be 15 in 2 months. I was wondering if I am permitted to work. When i was in middle school they did give out work permits but i was looking through some answers and some people are saying that u have to be 15 1/2. Now I am really confused. I need a real answer. I need an answer from someone that really knows the answer. THANK YOU!
Other - Careers & Employment - 1 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
No one can work full-time without being 16. And then there are strict guidelines for your job that the employer must meet (like no overtime, frequent breaks, work around school hours etc). But I believe you can get a work permit at 15. Otherwise you can do private work like dog walking, babysitting, mowing lawns and such. Contact you local Employment Department. Call and ask them these questions, they have the answers
Read more other entries :